Monday, August 16, 2010

A Family Reunion

Well I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mine was filled with my family reunion.  It was so great to see everyone and catch up.  I come from a very very large family.  My Dad has 12 siblings, the 13 of them produced 69 children and those grand-babies have produce over a 100 offspring so far.  So when I say huge I mean it.

While visiting with my family, I couldn't help but notice how many of my family members, like me, are extremely overweight.  I couldn't help me notice how that affected what they did or didn't do.  I just couldn't believe it.  Many of them literally, sat all weekend at the picnic tables, munching away, smoking cigarettes and doing nothing.  We had a wedding in the middle of our reunion and my brother and I were the only two who danced the night away.  I am so glad that I am on this journey.  One that will bring me health and happiness.  Imagine all the fun I would miss, if I simply could not get up and dance.  It sure did make me think.

I hate to admit it but my intake this weekend was WAY TOO HIGH!!!  Mostly due to drinking too much with my brother.   So this week I must must must stay on track and get back in the game.  Thankfully there are no more big party type events planned for quite some time.  So the plan this week is to get my 5 workouts in, eat well, drink lots of water and blog here everyday.

Hope you are all having a wonderful Monday!

Cheers!

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment