Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wicked Wednesday

Yesterday  I went to another kick ass Aqua Bootcamp class.  My abs are feeling it today!  I have to say I am so happy that I am already down and under 269lbs after being way up after a weekend away.  My food choices have been excellent this week and tasty if I do say so myself.

I am so blessed to have in-laws that have a very very bountiful garden every year.  This year was no exception on our weekly visit with them I was able to snag: zucchini, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, beans, beats and carrots!  I will attribute my healthy eating this week at least in part to the fact the the veggies in my house are so delicious that they are like eating candy! Today I believe I will have to take a run over to grab more as we have eaten most of it already! 

Harvesting their garden is always exciting to me.  I grew up in a house with very limited vegetable selection most of which came out of cans.  So for years I thought I just didn't like vegetables.  Imagine my delight in discovering, courtesy of my awesome husband, that vegetables can taste good and don't have to be mushy!  

Here's hoping that you are all enjoying fresh local vegetables that are readily available to many of us this time of year! 

Cheers!
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment