Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Curse of the Snacks

Last night my husband and I went to visit some friends that we have not seen in years.  They were cottaging not too far from where we live and so they invited us over.  I had already decided that I was going to be the DD so no pressure to drink.   I did really well until dinner drinking lots of water and just enjoying but then we all went down to the dock to star gaze and our friends wife brought down with her all this junk food.  I have gotten really good, at choosing a good snack when there is one available.  What's still troubling me is when there is not alternative.  I need to work past this.  I need to repeat and repeat that No Thank you until people accept it.  I was not hungry, I though I'll have a just a few, well I know darn well I can't have just a few, and I didn't have just a few and today I was staring at a gain on that scale.  CRAP!!!

Well today is a new day, and I'm off to a fresh start.  I'll be heading for an extra long workout at the gym today and lots and lots of healthy eating for sure.  So I guess this leaves me with lots of time to think of the things I can do to avoid snacking when visiting....hmmmm...any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Well after going to the gym doing 35minutes on the elliptical, 25 minutes on the bike and then a 45 minute Aqua Fit class. I am no longer feeling guilty at all. So glad, I was able to just get back on that horse today and keep trucking along!

    ReplyDelete