Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weigh In Saturday; a week in review.

This week has come with big ups and downs!  As I sit here looking back over my week I am proud of all that I have accomplished even though there were some pretty big road blocks along the way this week.  I weighed in this morning down 3lbs, sitting at 256lbs.  I still have 4lbs to lose to get back to my pre-holiday weight but I am very happy with this progress. 

When I look back at my goals for this month

Sleep.  Eat well. Be active.
I think I did a pretty good job working towards that this week.  With the exception of Thursday, I followed through on my plan.  Thursday we went out for Mexican and I slept horribly because my brain was just filled with thoughts, it was also the day of the memorial so I am going to give myself a little slack for that one.  
Last weekend after, I wrote up my post I took the time to plan out our meals for the week.  This was great for both my husband and I.  We didn't have to worry about what to make for dinner it was already planned.  It made it easier for us to get dinner assembled.  It also allowed me to see before we went shopping how many days I would need to plan a lunch and how many could just be leftovers.  Planning meals was a great success.  
Being active has been pretty easy, we enjoy going to the gym.  That part has seem to come more naturally for us which is fantastic!  Its a stress reliever for both of us.  My attitude and outlook are always better after a good workout! 
Sleep - this one is a little more challenging then you would think given the fact that I love to sleep.  But aiming to get enough sleep and actually being able to get to sleep are two very different things.  I am working my way back into a routine, where I read for 20 minutes and then go to bed.  It usually helps me fall asleep fast but some nights this week I was sleeping but just not restful sleep if you know what I mean.  
Next week I have more of the same in plan.  Getting up for work will be easier since I am back into my routine.  
How was your week?  Do you take regular count of where you are at with your goals?  
Cheers! 
Leah

Sorry I changed the font colour to black and then you couldn't see it.  Oooops!

1 comment:

  1. It's fantastic that the exercise is coming so easily for you - well done!

    ReplyDelete