Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wow where did the time go!

Hello,

My posting has gotten sparse due to my life getting a little more crazy.  I am taking an on-line teaching course and it's eating up a lot of my time.  In any case, lets take a quick look at what I've been up to.  I have been successfully getting my butt to the gym 4 days a week.  I was sore this week after a fabulous power yoga session.  Felt great.  My big challenge with my January focus has been the eating well part.  I find myself reaching for quick fixes, nutritionally void, calorie dense foods.  In this last week of January, can you believe it already, I will really be putting all my focus into my eating.  I will jot down everything

I put into my mouth, not necessarily count the calories just write it down.  I have a huge problem with stress eating, so it's time to get that in check.  The next 10 days are supremely stressful but I know that eating crap is not going to make that better.  I need to focus, keep my goals at the front of my mind.  I have been losing slowly this month but really feel like I am just spinning my wheels.  Time to get to work again. 

Well, I am off to do homework and write report cards!  Hope life is treating you all well.

Cheers!
Leah

2 comments:

  1. Losing weight, to everyone's surprise, comes far further down the road only, if we want to keep the weight off in the long term. First, we have to unlearn and relearn everything about food and our connections with it. Even if the visible progress is slow, you're still on your way and will get there, eventually. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate! The key is laying out a good plan. I always find it helps to have some ready-made snacks and meal plans (with a well-stocked fridge) in times of stress. You can do it!
    Good to hear from you.
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete