Friday, September 24, 2010

I can't sleep.....ugh.

Well I figured since I can't sleep I may as well fill you in on what's going on with me.  Turns out that after much frustration and negotiating, I have been permitted to take the full time teaching position for the year without losing my permanent job.  YAY!  It was really exciting.  But now of course I am overwhelmed with what needs to be done at my new school and therefore I can't sleep.  See I share my classroom with a woman whom I have a difficult time working with.  She's very smart and great at her job we just have very different approaches.  I am sure it will all work out but until things get going I'm a little anxious about it all.   

On the downside of the my life today, we are getting and tone of rain.  Over 10 cm in less then 12 hours with nothing but rain in the forecast for the next few days.  And well apparently, my roof leaks in a few spots.  F*CK!!!!  Pardon my language but my gosh.  I need this like I need a whole in the head.  Not at all.  Hopefully it's just a few things we can patch for this year.  Redoing the roof is NOT, I repeat NOT in my budget for this year.  Oh well such is life.  I mean really when I look at the big picture we are pretty darn blessed.  But it's hard to look at the big picture when you got buckets around to catch the water your roof should be preventing from getting in.  Sigh. 

Another upside to my life, ( I think they call this a bad news sandwich or something like that), many of the girls at my work are taking on some new healthy habits.  I am excited that I am not the only one at work taking on this adventure.  It's hard when your the only one.  Last year there were many and by many I mean 5 pregnant women on a staff of 18.  There were soooo many treats around all the time.  I absolutely love this school and can't wait to get started.  It's kinda like coming home after a horrible vacation. 

Sweet dreams,
Leah

2 comments:

  1. I love the 'bad news sandwich' - makes it much easier to...ahem...digest. OK - enough of the lame puns! Sounds like the new job is going to be a great challenge. I'm sure you will work things out with the other teacher in no time. Sorry to hear about the roof - that is such a big investment. At least you won't have to do it again for a few decades.
    Have a great weekend!
    Rae
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the roof... that really sucks!

    It's awesome that others at your job are trying to be healthier too - it's so much easier when the people around you have the same goals. And it's so much fun to share ideas as well.

    ReplyDelete