Tuesday, August 24, 2010

So busy...

      This weekend was crazy amounts of busy, followed by a busy Monday.  With the end of summer almost hear.  Hubby and I are working a tone on our bathroom renovation.  It's actually been kinda fun.  I always love it when we have a task to complete together.  What I love even more though, is picking out a new tub, sink, fixtures....oh so many options and choices.
     
       So needless to say, getting to the gym has been challenging due to these wonderful renovations.  Saturday, I spent probably 6 or 7 hours outside, helping my husband jack up the room so we could level it out.  Carrying large pieces of wood, cement blocks and doing a whole load of crawling or rather squirming around in the crawl space below our little house.  I followed all that up with a 45 minute session of yoga which was divine because my legs where so stiff.   Sunday, we spent the afternoon fixing the roof (we had a leak), lots of nailing shingles and tarring.  Smelled so awful.  There was no extra workout.  :(  Oh well.  We did get over to the in-laws for a lovely dinner and had the chance to pick vegetables from the garden for this week.  YUMMY! 

Yesterday, we spent the day running errands, and we stopped and had sushi for lunch.  I am a sucker for sushi!  I love it! I have a really hard time with portion control.  But we had a really light dinner and I do believe it will all work itself out at the end of the day.  I did make it to the gym yesterday but I have to say it was a half hearted effort.  I wasn't feeling it.  We got to the gym and the machines I like to use were taken (there are only 2 of them), leaving me picking another cardio machine.  Well I'd like to say that I am flexible and it's no big deal but these ARC trainers they have are like half elliptical half stair master, and they are HARD.  I am sure I will get to the point where they are a good option for me.   But friends, that day was not yesterday.  I did better in the pool though later on.  Scale is up today.  Thank you sodium + indigestion.  Hopefully the new iron supplements I got last night will cure my indigestion problems and I'll flush out the sodium with lots of water today.

Well I think I have rambled enough for one morning.
Enjoy your day everyone!

Cheers!
Leah

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I love sushi! We have a great "All you can eat" in town, and I only go every few months because we only leave about the time we roll instead of walking. (^v^)

    ReplyDelete