Sunday, August 29, 2010

Would you like fries with that?

So yesterday I rode my bike a little, I am still trying to get use to being on a bike.  I haven't been on a bike since I was a teenager.  But the good news is it was comfortable and it's all coming back to me.  I will have to find time to snap a picture of it. 

After a day of working on the house and running errands, the husband and I decided that we didn't want to make dinner again.  I know we need to stop eating out.  In any case,  we decided to go a burger place here in town that we really love.  I was just craving a pogo for some reason.  So I order my pogo and the waitress says: Would you like fries with that?  I said yes even though I should have said salad.  When my plate comes and I eat slowly, knowing that I must pay attention to when my body says it full, starting with my pogo.  I enjoyed every morsel of that thing.  Then I started eating my fries.  It was weird, the whole time I was eat them, I wasn't really enjoying them.  They just didn't taste that good.  So I stopped eating them.  Hmmmm what a concept. 

Somewhere along this journey, I have learned to slow down and actually taste my food.  I have also learned that somethings, I feel are totally worth every calorie in them like the pogo, while others just aren't, like those fries.  I am not saying I will never eat fries again but I really think a salad might just become my normal side dish.   Hooray for progress!

It's another beautiful day here and I plan on getting out and enjoying it!

Cheers!
Leah

2 comments:

  1. Slowing down can do that to you - it's so true! I think I used to scarf down my food so quickly that I couldn't even register when I was full. I went to Subway yesterday and had a 6" turkey with Baked Lays on the side. Know what? I was actually full after the sub and didn't really need the chips. Incredible! 4 months ago I would have eaten a 12" on my own and, oh ya, the chips too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and there is an award for you over at my blog! XO

    ReplyDelete